Implementation : IPv6
The implementation of IPv6 on your installation depends entirely
on this one but the general line is as follows :
- There are currently 3 types of block of addresses usable:
- 3ffe::/16 who is the block of the 6bone (block for the pTLA test)
- 2001::/16 who is the block of production divided between the SCRAPER, the ARIN and the APNIC (as for ipv4)
- 2002::/16 who is a special block called "6to4", the addressage functions in a different way for this block
it is necessary to convert your ipv4 into hexadecimal form : 2002:[hex form of ipv4]::/48
Ex: for the IP 184.108.40.206 the convertion gives us : 2002:3e3e:3e3e::/48
- Obtaining a tunnel on Tunnel Broker,
- Indeed the FAI directly do not support IPv6 on their services, (exept Nerim)
it is thus necessary to use a protocol of encapsulation, it is the protocol N° 41 which is useful here.
- Configuration of your system for the tunnel.
- To configure your interfaces on IPv6 it is necessary a script of configuration for you
(and this same on Windows) and an account tunnel in a supplier of access to the 6BONE
- Configuration of IPv6 applications,
- These applications are for the moment in beta-test they support IPv4 and/or IPv6.